Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Is there ever an appropriate context for being emo?

Probably not. I'm not especially artistic, but I know that I can be in a generally low mood without wearing skin-tight clothes, or being in a band, or weighing 100lbs. Not that there's anything wrong with any of those things. There's something more vague than any of these symptoms that makes me skeptical of the whole scene. Nonetheless, I'm probably more emo tonight than normal. When I want to be emo, I just "table the label and where my own brand."

I didn't have an especially Fat Tuesday, and I don't feel very prepared for Ash Wednesday. Perhaps Job Fair Thursday or Last Workday Friday will bring things up to par.

Asheville/Blacksburg/Possibly Roanoke?: Feb 15-17.
Jalvis at UNC vs Duke, on ESPN: Tomorrow 9pm.
Georgetown Scholarly Event: Feb 23.

For the daily quotes, here's one aimed at McCain, from Chesterton:

"A change of opinions is almost unknown in an elderly military man." - A Utopia of Usurers

Here's one for the Media:

"Impartiality is a pompous name for indifference, which is an elegant name for ignorance." - The Speaker

Here's one for most modern liberals:

"The reformer is always right about what is wrong. He is generally wrong about what is right."

And for Iraqi Foreign Policists:

"You can never have a revolution in order to establish a democracy. You must have a democracy in order to have a revolution. - Tremendous Trifles, 1909

No comments: